Monday, June 18, 2007

Impatient drivers illegally passing on the shoulder

It seems like I am having a hard time having my voice heard on this issue. I commute daily and as I drive south on Powers, there is a very wide shoulder before you get to the markings for the left turn lane onto Woodmen heading east. On just one morning, 13 cars passed me on the shoulder as I was patiently and lawfully waiting to get into the left-turn lane. Needless to say, the cars driving illegally on the shoulder made the light and I was stuck two more light cycles. Perhaps if the markings for the left-turn lanes started sooner there would be less backup in the through lanes and left-turn traffic would flow better.
- Bill

Much of this backup is due to the construction at this intersection, said principal city traffic engineer David Krauth. However, his department will talk with Colorado Department of Transportation about this problem, and the police were alerted to people passing - illegally - on the shoulder.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was driving and a person quickly did this leaving me little time to react I hit this vechile.I never do this it is very dangerous.My car is a right off but lucky we all survived but it is stupid to do this I tought he was avoiding hitting the car in front.No just being impatient.

2:32 PM, February 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My three year old son was killed crossing the street because some idiot passed 5 stopped vehicles using the shoulder. The vehicles were stopped to let a group of pedestrians cross the street. By the time the driver realized why the vehicles were stopped, it was too late. Now he is being charged with felony criminal vehicular homicide and hopefully will spend the next three years of his life in prison.

11:54 AM, February 07, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home